Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My New BFF

Grab a cup of coffee. I might ramble.

I have a long standing Jones for old apothecary jars and a new one for old maps. See how pretty they are together?




In March I found another jar. It was all grungy inside, so I filled it with my favorite grunge fighter (distilled vinegar) and set it to soak.

It was sitting sink side on St. Patrick’s Day. Of course our supper was corned beef and cabbage. You KNOW how that smells post meal, right? I’m not sure why, but after cleaning up after supper I set the lid on the jar ajar. In a few hours there was zero, zip, nada trace of funky smell in our kitchen. Could it have been my friend the vinegar? I’ve been experimenting and YES it was! Am I the only woman who did not know this wonderful destink trick?



Alas, my map / bottle / wooden lamp vignette will need to attract a different jar. This one is my new kitchen BFF. For real.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome display...and vinegar discovery, too~

    from Bonnie, your 'anonymous poster sister'....:)

    ReplyDelete